Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Love note pallet wood sign



I've been wanting to make a sign for over my bed using a pallet. I had no idea how hard those suckers were to take apart seriously crazy. I watched youtube videos and got the biggest sledge hammer but in the end I just took a power saw and cut the crap out of it. When I was finished I ended up with this

So I patch worked the pieces together to get the size and shape I wanted. I used plumbers tape which is a metal strip with holes running all down it it comes in a little roll for super cheap I just screwed it all together with that. I wanted a love letter type feel for it so I just used white craft paint and free handed the lyrics on to it. By the way I'm sure this song will be stuck in your head all day cause that's what happens to me. But I love how she turned out. A big statement piece for about $3 dollars since I only had to buy the plumbers tape. Love me some cheap decor. Ok one last look...


Linked to
Todays Creative Blog

1 comment:

Elaine Bowman said...

I LOVE it Starla! One of my favorite songs and Group! How Creative!